Our founding attorney, David Hardaway, is licensed to practice in all courts in the State of Texas as well as in federal court in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. He has represented clients in both criminal and family law matters.
An Attorney With a Passion For Trial Advocacy
Born and raised in Dallas, David met his wife, Janice, a San Marcos native, while attending classes together at the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville. After graduating (and with a few stops along the way), Janice finally persuaded David that her hometown was the right place to open a new law firm in 2010. As with most things, it turned out Janice was right.
David Hardaway is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
He is also a proud member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, an honor bestowed on fewer than 10 percent of the attorneys in Texas, reflecting his firm commitment to continuing legal education. Attorney David Hardaway has received a number of legal awards that reflect his ongoing commitment to earn the trust that his clients place in him every single day.
When not hard at work on his clients’ cases, he enjoys watching Razorback football and Jayhawk basketball, volunteering in the community, participating in recreational sports, and most of all spending time with his wife, Janice, and his two beautiful daughters, Adelaide and Willa.
- University of Arkansas, JD
- University of North Texas, BA
- United States District Court , Western District of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star; 2019-2021
- National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Criminal Defense; 2017-2020
- Top 40 Under 40, Criminal Defense; 2018-2020
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best for Client Satisfaction; 2016-2018, 2020
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys – 10 Best for Client Satisfaction; 2016-2018, 2020
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys – Top 100 for Criminal Defense, Southern Texas; 2018-2020
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas; 2013-present
- National College for DUI Defense
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas Criminal Justice Section