Criminal Defense Attorney in Guadalupe County
High-Quality Representation for Texans in Guadalupe County & Surrounding Areas
At The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway, we understand that every case is unique and demands an individualized, strategic approach. Our firm is dedicated to providing robust, comprehensive, and compassionate legal representation in the field of criminal defense.
Should you be arrested or charged with a state or federal offense, our experienced attorneys can support you throughout the entirety of your case. From the initial arrest to the arraignment to the trial, we can offer you objective counsel and work to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Learn more about how our attorneys can help you by calling (512) 846-9966.
What to Ask Before Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney
Choosing the right criminal defense attorney could be the most crucial decision you make. It can mean the difference between freedom and incarceration, between peace of mind and constant worry.
Before retaining an attorney, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- What kind of lawyer do I need? This depends on the kind of crime you are accused of. If it's a specific crime like DUI or tax fraud, you might want an attorney who specializes in that field.
- How serious is my case? The seriousness of your case can determine whether you need a high-profile attorney who has dealt with high-stake cases or a less experienced one for minor offenses.
- Can I afford a private attorney? Legal representation can be expensive. If you lack the funds, you may qualify for a court-appointed attorney.
You should also consider the following factors when evaluating whether a defense attorney is the person best equipped to handle your case:
- Years of experience. More years often means more experience, but also look at the relevance of those years to your case.
- Area of specialization. Ensure the attorney specializes in criminal law, preferably in cases like yours.
- Courtroom experience. Trial experience is vital, as your case may end up in court.
- Past results. Ask about the outcomes of previous cases similar to yours.
- Client testimonials. These can provide insights into the lawyer's strengths and weaknesses.
- Peer reputation. Other legal professionals' opinions can be a good indicator of a lawyer's skills and ethical standards.
- Communication skills. Ask questions about their responsiveness to determine whether they plan to keep you up to date with their work on your case. You should also take note of whether they explain legal jargon and procedures in a way you understand and show empathy and concern for your situation.
- Fee structure. Is it hourly, flat fee, or contingent upon winning the case?
How Our Firm Can Help You
Our Guadalupe County defense attorney helps Texans build defense cases against the following types of charges:
- Administrative license review. Should your driving privileges be suspended, our atorneys can help you navigate the Administrative License Review hearing process.
- Driving while intoxicated. If you are arrested for and charged with a DWI, our attorneys can review your case and advise you of your legal options.
- Drug possession. We represent clients in cases where they have been accused of possessing a controlled substance. These charges can carry serious penalties that vary based on the type and amount of substance involved in the alleged crime.
- Drug manufacture and delivery. In such cases, the prosection must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you knowingly possessed a controlled substance with intent to distribute it or that you manufactured or delivered such a substance. Our attorneys can work to analyze and tear apart the prosecution’s evidence.
- Family violence. A person can face family violence charges if they are accused of being involved in an alleged alteration with their spouse, family member, significant other, or anyone else living with them. We understand how impactful such charges can be on your personal and professional life, which is why we offer empathetic and honest counsel in such cases.
- Expunctions. Our attorneys can help you take steps to have your record expunged if you were arrested but not charged, had the case dismissed, won an appeal, were found not guilty, or qualify for expunction in some other way.
- Federal crimes. Our attorneys represent clients charged with federal offenses including immigration, civil rights, social security, and federal criminal law cases.
- Property crimes. From minor theft charges to burglary and forgery charges, our attorneys can help those facing property crime charges.
- Violent crimes. We represent clients in murder and homicide cases as well as assault, sexual assault, arson, deadly conduct, aggravated robbery, and unlawful restraint charges.
Why Retain Our Guadalupe County Attorneys?
When it comes to finding a criminal defense attorney, there's no substitute for experience. Our founding attorney, David Hardaway's substantial tenure in the field equips him with invaluable insights and practical knowledge, which he leverages to advocate effectively for his clients.
All the attorneys at The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway are committed to helping our clients navigate their legal issues by providing a personalized service and thorough legal representation. From the moment you reach out to us, our attorneys will go above and beyond to deliver the best possible results in your criminal case.
We understand that this is an extremely challenging time for you, which is why we strive to make the process as seamless as possible. We treat all our clients with respect and will go the extra mile to ensure your rights are safeguarded throughout all legal proceedings.
Call (512) 846-9966 to schedule a consultation and discuss your case with a member of our team.
He was able to achieve the outcome I was hoping for and I couldn't be happier with my overall experience with his office. I highly recommend Mr. Hardaway and his team to anyone seeking excellent legal counsel.- Robert R.
He made us feel at ease with everything that was happening and let us know that whatever we decided to do he would be there to help us.- Yoli R.
Fingers crossed I never need representation again but I highly recommend Mr. Hardaway for anyone who does!- Chad Y.
I’m genuinely grateful for having them represent me and for everything they’ve done for me. They are truly great as lawyers and as people.- Karen S.
David will be a call away for any questions or concerns you may have and he will undoubtedly assure your safety.- Josh M.
Him and his staff/team were also very polite and sensitive to the subject pertaining to my situation.- Robb M.
I had a pretty complex case but he got me off, he can really make a difference for the better and make the rest of your life easier.- Edward G.
Not Guilty Assault - Bodily Injury, Family Violence
Not Guilty Driving While Intoxiced, 2nd Charge: .19 blood alcohol level
Not Guilty Assault - Bodily Injury, Family Violence
Not Guilty Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon (3 counts)
Not Guilty Driving While Intoxicated