San Marcos Personal Injury Attorneys
Aggressive Personal Injury Representation in Hays County
Suffering a serious injury due to another party’s negligence can be a devastating experience that may alter your life in many ways. Not only will you have to deal with the physical pain and emotional trauma of the accident, but you may also face financial challenges as well due to lost wages and mounting medical bills. Fortunately, when you are injured by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses through a personal injury lawsuit.
Our San Marcos personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process of recovering damages from the responsible party. Whether you were injured in a car crash or your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a truck collision, we can strategically approach these cases and work to secure the compensation you need to move forward. Our firm emphasizes accessibility, transparency, and trust, which is why we always return phone calls within 24 hours and will be honest with you when discussing what we can do for you. Recovering maximum damages on your behalf will be our top priority, and we will stop at nothing in our fight to deliver the just outcome you deserve.
Discuss your personal injury case with an experienced trial attorney today. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling (512) 846-9966 or contacting us online. Se habla español.
Personal Injury Cases Our Lar Firm Handles
The key to a successful personal injury claim is proving the legal elements of negligence. At The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway, we have extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern these cases, allowing us to prove liability on behalf of our clients in many different types of situations. We can investigate accidents, navigate discovery and mediation, gather evidence and testimony, and use these elements effectively in court. We are committed to leveraging our trial skills and resources to enforce your rights and fight for fair compensation. Our firm takes personal injury cases in many areas throughout the region, including but not limited to Seguin, Lockhart, San Antonio, Guadalupe, Blanco, Comal, Gonzales, Caldwell, Wilson, Medina, Bastrop, and Bexar Counties.
Our San Marcos personal injury attorneys are prepared to represent you in many types of cases, including those involving:
- Car accidents. When you suffer injuries in a car accident, you may have a personal injury claim if the collision was caused by another driver’s negligence. All drivers owe other people on the road a duty of care when they get behind the wheel. To collect damages from an at-fault driver, however, you must be able to prove that the negligent driver was primarily responsible for causing the crash. This can be accomplished by demonstrating that the other driver failed to behave as a reasonably prudent person would have in similar circumstances. For example, if the driver was excessively speeding, texting while driving, or breaking some other traffic law that led directly to the collision, then they can likely be held liable for any resulting injuries.
- Truck accidents. Motor vehicle accidents involving trucks can be especially devastating due to the sheer size and weight of these mammoth vehicles. Trucks are often several times heavier than cars, and their larger size means that they take up more space on the road. These and other factors that truck accidents may result in greater injuries than a typical car accident. For example, since trucks take longer to come to a stop, they have much higher rates of rear-end collisions than cars do. These kinds of accidents tend to involve greater forces and velocities which can result in more serious injuries for those inside the smaller vehicle. Furthermore, liability in a truck accident may not be as straightforward, as multiple parties – including those other than the truck driver – may ultimately be responsible for your injuries. A prompt, thorough investigation facilitated by an attorney is necessary for determining liability in these high-stakes scenarios.
- Wrongful death. Wrongful death is a legal term used to describe someone who dies as the result of another's negligence or intentional act. In Texas, a wrongful death lawsuit can be filed by qualifying parties when an individual is killed due to the negligence or malicious behavior of another person, organization, or entity. The purpose of this type of lawsuit is to seek compensation for the survivors of the deceased person, such as their spouse, children, and/or parents.
If you are not sure whether you have a personal injury case, we encourage you to reach out right away. You only have a limited time to file a lawsuit if you do have a viable claim, and we are happy to help you understand your legal options.
Experienced San Marcos Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights
At The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway, our team of experienced personal injury attorneys is dedicated to providing aggressive representation for clients in San Marcos, TX and throughout Hays County. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a personal injury can take on you and your family, and we are committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
With years of experience handling a wide range of personal injury cases, we have the knowledge and resources to effectively navigate the legal process and advocate for your rights. Whether you have been injured in a car accident, slip and fall incident, workplace accident, or any other type of accident caused by someone else's negligence, we are here to help.
When you choose our firm to handle your personal injury case, you can expect:
- Personalized attention and compassionate support throughout your case
- Thorough investigation of your accident to gather evidence and build a strong case
- Skilled negotiation with insurance companies to secure a fair settlement
- Aggressive litigation in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
- Transparent communication and regular updates on the progress of your case
Don't let the insurance companies take advantage of you. Contact The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway today for a free consultation and let us fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Texas Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is intended to help you recover the economic and non-economic damages you need to cover both your calculable and incalculable losses. Economic damages cover all financial losses you incurred (as well as losses you anticipate you will incur) as a direct result of your injuries, while non-economic damages refer to subjective, non-monetary losses. After evaluating your situation, can help you understand what types of damages you can expect to recover.
Our San Marcos personal injury lawyers will fight to obtain maximum compensation for all economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Texas?
Personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations, which is a time limit for how long you have to take legal action against the party responsible for your injuries. In Texas, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. This may sound like a long time, but it is in your best interest to start the legal process as quickly as possible. The sooner we get to work, the more time we will have to investigate, preserve, evidence, negotiate with the defendant, and build a strong case.