Protecting the Rights of Clients in Round rock & Beyond
The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway is steadfast in its commitment to providing top-tier legal representation to our clients. We draw from a wealth of experience in handling a broad spectrum of criminal cases, making us a trusted ally for those facing criminal charges.
Serving Round Rock and the greater Williamson County, Texas, our firm has proven its mettle in defending individuals accused of various crimes. These include – but are not limited to – assault, human smuggling, administrative license review, drug possession, expunction, federal crimes, property crimes, violent crimes, theft crimes, murder, homicide, DWIs, family violence, as well as drug manufacturing and delivery.
We understand that facing criminal charges can be an overwhelming experience. That's why we strive not only for professional excellence but also for empathy and understanding. We listen, we understand, and we stand by you, offering a supportive environment during these trying times.
Get in touch with our team today to schedule an initial consultation. Call (512) 846-9966.
District Court vs. County Court: What’s the Difference?
In Williamson County, Texas, the court system is divided into two main types: county courts and district courts. These courts have different jurisdictions and handle a variety of cases based on their complexity and severity.
County courts are primarily responsible for handling Class A or Class B misdemeanors. These are offenses that, while serious, are not as grave as felonies. Examples might include theft of property worth $500 to $1500, assault causing bodily injury, and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) first offense.
On the other hand, district courts are responsible for handling felony cases. Felonies are more serious crimes, including but not limited to murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
Regardless of which police agency brings the charges, all felonies are assigned to one of the county’s three district courts. The prosecution of these cases is handled by the District Attorney’s Office. This office represents the state in prosecuting felonies and has the responsibility to present the case in court.
Breakdown of Texas Criminal Penalties
- Capital felony. This type of felony is punishable by life imprisonment or death.
- First-degree felony. This type of felony is punishable by five to 99 years of imprisonment as well as a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felony. This type of felony is punishable by two to 20 years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third-degree felony. This type of felony is punishable by two to ten years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000.
- State jail felony. This type of felony is punishable by 108 days of imprisonment and a fine of up to $2,000.
- Class A misdemeanor. Offenses classified as Class A misdemeanors are punishable by a fine of up to $4,000 and/or no more than a year in jail.
- Class B misdemeanor. Offenses classified as Class B misdemeanors are punishable by a fine of up to $2,000 and/or no more than 180 days in jail.
- Class C misdemeanor. Offenses classified as Class C misdemeanors are punishable by a fine of no more than $500.
Retain Our Williamson County Defense Lawyers
The Law Offices of David C. Hardaway is dedicated to providing exceptional criminal defense representation. Through our experience, knowledge of criminal law, track record, client-centered approach, and commitment to care, we strive to stand apart as a trusted choice for those in need of sound counsel.
Why trust our team with your case? Because of our:
- Extensive experience. Our team brings together years of collective experience in the field of criminal law. This diverse experience allows us to navigate the complexities of various cases with ease.
- Understanding of the law and commitment to continued learning. Our attorneys have a profound understanding of the intricacies of criminal law, which is crucial for crafting strong defense strategies. We also stay abreast of
- Impressive track record. Over the years, we've accumulated an impressive track record of successfully defended cases, demonstrating our commitment to our clients' rights and freedoms.
- Client-centered approach. We prioritize our clients' needs and circumstances. Each case receives personalized attention, ensuring that every client feels heard and understood.
- Comprehensive counsel. Our team goes above and beyond to provide each client with the care and attention they deserve. We are available to answer questions, explain legal processes, and provide updates on case progress regularly.
- Satisfied clients. We're proud to share testimonials from satisfied clients who appreciated our commitment to their cases. While past success does not predict future results, these testimonials reflect the high standard of service we aim to provide.
- Credibility and commitment. Our firm has built a reputation for being trustworthy and committed. We strive to uphold these values in every interaction with our clients and within the legal community.
- Results-driven. While we never promise specific outcomes, we are a results-driven firm. We work tirelessly to prepare and present the best possible defense for our clients.
Call (512) 846-9966 or complete our online contact form today to get started on your defense case.
“He was able to achieve the outcome I was hoping for and I couldn't be happier with my overall experience with his office. I highly recommend Mr. Hardaway and his team to anyone seeking excellent legal counsel.”- Robert R.
“He made us feel at ease with everything that was happening and let us know that whatever we decided to do he would be there to help us.”- Yoli R.
“Fingers crossed I never need representation again but I highly recommend Mr. Hardaway for anyone who does!”- Chad Y.
“I’m genuinely grateful for having them represent me and for everything they’ve done for me. They are truly great as lawyers and as people.”- Karen S.
“David will be a call away for any questions or concerns you may have and he will undoubtedly assure your safety.”- Josh M.
“Him and his staff/team were also very polite and sensitive to the subject pertaining to my situation.”- Robb M.
“I had a pretty complex case but he got me off, he can really make a difference for the better and make the rest of your life easier.”- Edward G.
Not Guilty Assault - Bodily Injury, Family Violence
Not Guilty Driving While Intoxiced, 2nd Charge: .19 blood alcohol level
Not Guilty Assault - Bodily Injury, Family Violence
Not Guilty Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon (3 counts)
Not Guilty Driving While Intoxicated